Elk Nacho Soup
Warm up the season!
Prep Time: 10-15 Minutes | Cook Time: 6 hours | Yields: 3-4
- 1 ½ pounds elk burger, cooked
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 28 oz diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 3 ½ cups elk bone broth (can substitute beef broth)
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 4 oz diced jalapenos (optional)
- Optional toppings: top with sour cream, shredded cheese, green onions, tortilla chips, cilantro
1. Combine cooked elk burger, vegetables, seasonings and bone broth in a 6-quart slow cooker and stir to combine.
2. Cook on low for 6 hours.
3. Whisk together coconut cream and corn starch until smooth
4. When the soup is done, add the corn starch mixture to the slow cooker and continue cooking for another 30 minutes to thicken.
5. Serve with your favorite toppings. Enjoy!