Fried Grouse & Home Fries
Get your family together for this delicious fried grouse and home fries recipe!
Prep Time: 10-15 Minutes | Cook Time: 15-30 Minutes | Yields: 3-4
- 2 grouse breasts cut into 1” strips
- 8 oz buttermilk
- Red potatoes
- Italian bread crumbs
- Fresh parsley (optional)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Vegetable oil
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Place in oven on a cookie sheet coated in non-stick spray for 35 to 40 minutes checking periodically. Potatoes will be crisp around the edges when done.
- While that cooks, pour buttermilk into a bowl and put the grouse in the buttermilk coating all sides.
- Pour a cup of bread crumbs into a freezer bag and put the grouse in the bag. Shake until the meat is coated on all sides. Add more bread crumbs if needed.
- Heat vegetable oil on medium in a skillet. There should be approximately ¼ inch coating in the bottom. When oil is hot start adding the grouse pieces one at a time, turning until all sides are golden brown.
- Set aside on a plate with a paper towel on the bottom to absorb the leftover oil.
- Serve the grouse with the home fries and enjoy!